S.W. Collins is a family-owned full-service lumber and building materials supply center. Since our beginning in 1844, we have provided Aroostook County with the tools and products needed to build the homes, barns, potato storage buildings, sporting camps, garages, schools, hospitals, bridges, businesses, banks - in short, the infrastructure of the County.
While our goods are always top-quality, our emphasis has always been on superior customer service. We work on building relationships because here in the County - the customers we serve are also our friends and neighbors. At S.W. Collins we are proud to carry on the family tradition of good service.
We Continue To Grow
- The original S.W. Collins store, located at 6 Washburn Street in Caribou, sits along the banks of the beautiful Caribou Stream.
- The S.W. Collins Home Design Center, at 41 Hatch Drive, is just a stone's throw away from the main store. Our Design Center specializes in offering a superb selection of stock and custom cabinetry, counter tops, or any additional items needed to make your home distinctly yours.
- A scenic fifteen-minute drive south on U.S. Route 1 will put you just about on the doorstep of our Presque Isle store, conveniently located on Rice Street.
- In 2007, we purchased Fogg's True Value Hardware Store at 57 Bangor Street in Houlton, which greatly expanded our capacity to serve all the County residents.
- Our first venture out of Aroostook County came in April of 2013 with the purchase of Haskell Lumber in Lincoln. This acquisition triggered the construction of a new 43,000-square-foot warehouse, storefront and storage area to serve the needs of the greater Lincoln area including Lee, Medway and Millinocket. The new store opened in February of 2015.